Friday, January 21, 2011

The Importance of Smiling

I smiled just to smile.
And it infected someone else's mouth.

I smiled during pain.
And it injected a doce of joy.

I smiled as I laughed.
And it broke the locks off prison doors.

I smiled as you hit me.
And you walked away without victory.

I smiled as you frowned.
And all the harm you intended had been drowned.

I smiled during punishment.
And my lesson kissed me on the cheek.

I smiled as I slept.
And I haven't dreamed of anyone but you since.

I smiled as I cried.
And my heart rejoiced in its adversity.

I smiled in silence.
And it caused me to rest, to rest, unlike all the rest.

I smiled when I wanted to frown.
And it forced my attitude to rise from a sin to a grin.

I smiled. I am smiling. I will smile.
Because
You smiled. You are smiling. And you will always smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment